Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Not only using audio as documentation, but as part of the piece itself, I created. Utilizing a small basket, a brick, string, and a tree, I produced a simple pulley system. This system will allow me to conduct an audio-performative piece, in which I relay between interior and exterior spaces. Contained in the prologue I set the basket into place from my interior quarters. Next, the action takes place: I attempt to throw miscellaneous objects from inside into the basket, outside. The success of catching these objects in the basket is determined completely by chance, and many objects were thrown together. Lastly, the epilogue, when I leave my station at the window, and put the objects that missed into the basket. I, then, retreat back to the window and pull the objects back into their native space. I then cut the string, and pull the string, destroying the system developed in the prologue, and ending this performative work. The recorder is in the basket through out this entire process.
"Catch and gather piece", 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment